Do you own DJI equipment? Are you looking for software that is compatible with those products? A piece of software can upload flight data, software upgrades, black box information, vision sensor calibration, etc… Today, we will present you with such software – DJI Assistant 2 and How To Use DJI Assistant 2.
How To Use DJI Assistant 2?
If you’re a videographer or even a filmmaker, you may already understand what a DJI helper 2 is. Still, also, we’re here to supply you with a comprehensive manual concerning it. Beginning from the first, DJI stands for Dà-Jiāng Innovations that’s a Chinese company. The literal meaning for the title is Good Frontier Innovation.
DJI Assistant 2 is a program that will help you access some extra choices and configurations for each of the DJI apparatus. It may be a camera, drone, or gimbals, and assistants 2 will assist you with them all.
You can upload all of the information in your drone airport and maybe even get the information in the dark box at this program. Assessing your apparatus’s vision detectors and updating the firmware can also be available if you’ve got this working program in your windows/pc or perhaps mac computers.
It’s possible to practice flying that the Mavic drone for this program and examine this drone flight’s parameters. It is easy to download it on your computer in only a couple of minutes, followed by rapid installation, and that is it.
If you have Phantom 4 or even DJI spark, this program has the same version so that you may use it to both similarly.
You may adore all the features and properties of this DJI Spark Drone.
DJI Mavic Pro is creating a very buzz nowadays. If you love filming the scene and everyday life tasks around your nation, you will delight in capturing moments of DJI Mavic pro’s existence.
1. What Can you Do With DJI Assistant 2?
If we speak about the most recent variants, it has several additional features compared with the old version. Overall, these are the elements that you get together with the machine.
- You can upgrade your firmware.
- Information can be uploaded on the drone
- Accessibility to the black box can be obtained
- You can make calibration of this flight
- You Receive a simulator
- You will find wifi settings accessible
- You can quickly restore it to the factory settings
You can not utilize the DJI Assistant software on your cellphone since it’s just for windows/pc or Mac variant computers. If you compare it to the DJI Move 4 apps, we could say that all these are entirely different except for a single similarity.
Both of the applications, DJI Assistant 2 or the DJI Move 4 apps, may be utilized to update the firmware. There’s an extra attribute within this database, such as Mavic Pro, Inspire 2, Phantom 4, and Phantom 4 Pro.
DJI Phantom 4 includes a fantastic camera attribute alongside an intriguing CMOS sensor that’s difficult to find in different drones.
Read also: Best Long Range Drone
You may have heard a good deal about DJI Inspire 2. The version is very famous as it includes a 5.2k Gimbal camera and the capacity to feel barrier ranges.
2. The Way to Download and Install DJI Assistant 2
- To begin with, you’ll need to download the applications from their official site.
- Open the executable downloaded document by double-tapping it.
- A pop-up will appear asking if you want the program to make modifications to your device. Click.
- A button is stating Next will look. Click it to make a desktop shortcut.
- Click on the install button and then wait.
- The software-extraction file will look, and the installation will begin.
- Click Finish to complete the operation.
3. How To Best Use the DJI Assistant 2 Mavic
- For best practice, we advise you to eliminate the global shield and propellers.
- A micro USB cable can do the job flawlessly to join your Windows PC or MAC using the Mavic Pro quadcopter.
- Now, start the program of DJI Assistant software.
- Proceed to the Mavic Pro icon and then double click to start.
- Subscribe if you already do not have an account, but log into that DJI accounts to connect to the world wide web if you don’t have one.
Read also: Best FPV Drone Simulator
4. DJI Assistant 2 Firmware Update
Within this DJI Assistant two Mavic applications field, you can view your current firmware version and if there’s a new firmware update available. You might even read the release notes whether there’s a new firmware available.
You could also observe an old Mavic firmware version. You might want to downgrade to an older version if you installed the latest firmware and it contained a bug that caused problems with your Mavic Pro quadcopter or remote control. You’d then downgrade your own Mavic Pro firmware.
Updating the firmware will fix many problems and add new features to your Mavic Pro.
Update Mavic Pro Firmware With DJI Assistant 2
Here are the directions about the best way to use this DJI Assistant two to upgrade the firmware to your Mavic Pro quadcopter and remote control. Both can be achieved at the Exact Same time:
- With the remote control and the Mavic powered off, join the RC to an own computer via the charging interface with a micro USB cable.
- Electricity on the Mavic Pro RC and Mavic Pro quadcopter and ensure the two are linked
- Open the DJI Assistant 2 applications and login for your DJI accounts
- Pick the “Mavic Pro” icon and then click the “Firmware Updates” on the left panel
- Choose the firmware version that You Would like to upgrade
- Await the firmware to be downloaded along with the firmware upgrade process begins automatically
- Publish the Mavic Pro quadcopter along with the remote control after the firmware upgrade is complete
5. DJI Assistant two Data Upload
The Data Upload segment lets you upload data out of your Mavic Pro to the regional computer. It is possible to upload aerial movies, photos, and flight log info. You can pick where you need to save the document to. The document that was saved will probably possess a. DAT file expansion.
The document name will seem like “DJI_ASSISTANT_EXPORT_FILE_2019-10-19_14-15-30.DAT”. My final upload was 1.06 GB in size like I uploaded all files. This can take a couple of minutes to upload.
When you open the Mavic Pro Data Upload choice, it says that you will be uploading into your DJI Server in the following pop-up box. But, I only uploaded the information to my notebook. At this time, you have to click confirm before you can upload it to your PC. Please see the information in the pop-up box before affirming.
Here are the complete instructions on using the DJI Assistant data upload:
- Click ‘Data Upload’ on the left hand
- Read the data and click ‘Confirm.’
- The Data Upload utility lists and reads the documents, which is uploaded from the Mavic Pro-Assistant applications
- All documents are selected. You can Pick all or choose which files you wish to upload.
- Click on ‘Safe To Local’ – This lets you conserve the Mavic Pro info on the regional computer. But if that fails, then simply out of this Data Upload and back, and it should work the next time.
- As it’s uploading the files to a Neighborhood pc is also simplifies the documents.
- Click Complete in the end. Each of the files is saved as a single compressed DAT document.
6. DJI Assistant 2 Flight Data
This brings you to a region where you can see the Flight Data records. This segment is for assessing and analyzing flight information on the Mavic Pro functionality and for identification. The information is saved in the SD card at the Resource Manager.
When you open the Flight Data, a dialogue box may appear with the following message;
“Input the Flight Record Page. Click on the SD Card icon to look at flight documents. Some functions are perhaps temporarily inaccessible. Restart Aircraft to animate”
Click Open Data Viewer and navigate to the information in your SD Card.
But if you cannot track down the flight documents on your SD card, it is possible to discover the flight documents on your phone. That is because the documents are also saved by the DJI Move 4 apps on your mobile phone.
To Locate the Flight Records on your own Smartphone, do the following;
Connect your phone to your PC. In case you experience an Android cellphone, then the phone shows up as a drive on your PC. It’s pretty like iPhone’s additionally. Next, browse through the folders and locate the flight record information in the DJI → DJI.go.v4 → FlightRecord → MCDatFlightRecords folder.
The DJI Assistant two Mavic Flights Records has a. DAT file extension like 17-08-05-11-10-11_FLY044. DAT.
A Few of the information, which you can see is as follows:
- Air pressure elevation
- Acc Y, X, Z (Accelerometer)
- Gyro Y, X, Z (Gyroscope)
- Velocity North, East, Down, Valid
- Compass Y, X, Z
- Satellite amounts
- Pitch, roll, yaw
- Distance To residence northwest, east, home
- GPS level
- Flight status
- RC input pitch, roll, yaw
- RC standing
- RC input
- Motor standing of ESC, battery, and prevention
- Unisonic height and legitimate flag
- Vision height
7. DJI Assistant 2 Black Box
Black Bx will be utilized to store all of the flight logs of their drone in your pc. Not merely the quadcopter information, but also the remote control data can be upgraded by this. If you observe some bizarre flying of this Mavic Pro or crashing, you’re still able to examine the data saved in the black box.
Click Black Box and click on the Save To Nearby icon.
Pick the location and name the document.
Now data export is going to be launched in the Mavic Pro black cox to the computer software.
Wait until the export is finished.
8. DJI Assistant 2 Calibration
This is the region in which you calibrate the vision sensors on your Mavic Pro. Understanding how to calibrate the Mavic Pro vision sensor is essential.
If you get a vision system malfunction in your Mavic Pro, then calibration can repair the problem. Furthermore, if you’re flying your Mavic Pro along with the grid malfunction happens, you want to fly the quadcopter back to you right away.
Here we have directions on the Mavic Pro vision sensor calibration process. You might also find more details on calibrating the vision detectors here, along with videos and notes. There are also terrific details about the Mavic Provision partitioning system.
- Calibrate Mavic Provision Sensor Using DJI Assistant 2
- Open the DJI Assistant 2 applications on your personal computer or notebook
- Ensure That Your notebook and Mavic Pro batteries possess a minimum of 50% fee but better should fully charge
- Carefully remove the propellers out of your Mavic Pro
- Connect the Mavic Pro to your notebook computer with the USB cable
- Switch to the Mavic quadcopter and start the DJI Assistant 2 applications
- The DJI Assistant 2 applications will realize the Mavic Pro is connected
- Select your own Mavic Pro drone and click “Calibration” on the left-hand side
- The following window shows you the Actions involved in calibrating the Mavic VPS
- Watch the Actions involved in calibrating the Mavic fantasies detectors
- Click the “Start Calibration” at the bottom right-hand side
- Point the forwards facing Mavic Provision detectors towards the Monitor
- The red and green squares need to match, so You Might Have to move the Mavic Pro ahead towards the display and back to you to get them to fit
- When the Mavic is at the correct place, the corners of this square will turn blue
- You calibrate the vision detectors by shifting the Mavic to line up the corners of this blue square to coincide with all the blue boxes
- Tilt and rotate the Mavic Pro after the blue square on the screen
- After Stage 1 is complete, You’ll Be prompted to maneuver the aircraft from the Monitor
- Next, You’ll Have to follow the small squares around the display again
- This may complete the Mavic Pro ahead facing vision detectors
- The Upcoming steps would be to calibrate the Mavic Pro down facing vision sensors
- Point the underside of this Mavic Pro in the display together with the front of this Mavic pointing upwards
- Again, You Have to have 4 blue corners, so You Might Need to transfer the Mavic closer or farther back on the screen
- Calibrate the underside Mavic Provision detectors by fitting the blue corners together with the blue box after it round the screen
- Again, during this process, You’ll Be prompted to transfer the Mavic Pro from the Monitor
- Then follow the blue square around the screen, which is the final stage
- After the conclusion of this Mavic vision detector calibration, the DJI Assistant two software will automatically compute, apply and rescue the VPS calibration configurations
- When calibration is effective, It Is Going to show 100% along with a message “Calibration Entire.”
9. DJI Assistant 2 Mavic Simulator
This can be a virtual 3D environment from flight information that’s transmitted to a PC. This Assistant two is named Simulator Lite.
Before launching the Simulator Lite program, you will find a couple of notes:
- Eliminate the propellers (very important).
- Check and reset the preferences from the DJI Go / Vision App.
- The no-Fly-Zone limitation isn’t helpful from the Simulator lite.
Click Simulator. The Simulator Settings will open up and choose the following:
- Wind Speed
Click Start Simulating.
Next, switch in your Mavic Pro Remote controller, and you can fly the Mavic Pro from the Simulator. The Mavic will soar and act based on the latitude, longitude, and end speed that you programmed.
10. DJI Assistant 2 WiFi Settings
When you click the WiFi Settings from the DJI Assistant 2, you’ll be attracted to the preferences page.
The DJI Assistant 2 applications will pull on the WiFi SSID and Password from the Mavic Pro as possible in the below picture. I’ve eliminated some personalities from my password in the below picture.
Now, for your DJI Assistant two to comprehend your Mavic WiFi SSID and password, you first have to configure and insert the Mavic WiFi on your notebook network configurations.
Your computer’s WiFi will discover the Mavic WiFi, so you ought to have to put in your password. To locate the SSID and password onto your own Mavic, check out one of those leading arms. You could even discover the SSID and password by removing the battery out of your Mavic.
11. DJI Assistant 2 Release Notes
Therefore the DJI Assistant applications aren’t for just one special DJI hardware. When you join your DJI gear to your computer and begin the DJI Assistant 2 program, it will recognize this device.
For instance, to upgrade the DJI Goggles, you would link your goggles into your notebook via the mini-USB port. It’s precisely the same for both DJI drones, gimbals, propulsion systems, and flight controls.
Now, if you have a look at the most recent release notes about the DJI Assistant 2, you can see all of the fixes and new features for DJI’s complete range of products. I’ve mentioned only a few below, and also you will find over the DJI Assistant 2 page:
- M600 / M600 Pro – Optimized DJI Device D-RTK webpage
- M600 / M600 Pro – Additional Playback and Record mapping alternatives to the Tools > Function Channel webpage
- M100 – Added support for archiving flight information
- Ronin 2 – Additional support for configuring gimbal motors
- Spark – Additional the black box data transmission attribute
- A3 / N3 – Fixed bugs from Basic Settings > Remote Controller
- Additional, an E5000 ESC placing in the DJI apparatus
- P4A – Additional vision system calibration
- DJI Goggles – Added support for archiving info
- A3 / N3 – Added an alternative That Allows the motors to begin one by one
- A3 / N3 – Added a controller performance slider
- A3 / N3 – Fixed a problem where elevation and space limitation switches displayed inconsistently.
- General – Additional updates operate in Polygon No-fly Zone database such as Phantom 4, Phantom 4 Pro, Mavic Pro, and Inspire 2.
- M600 / M600 Pro – Additional support for Applications > Shutter configurations