The Dji Pocket 2 and Sony ZV1 are two of the most popular compact cameras. Both offer excellent image quality and features in a small package, but which one is better for you?
In this article, we’ll compare the Dji Pocket 2 vs Sony ZV1 to help you decide which one is right for you.
What is DJI Pocket 2?
The DJI Pocket 2 is a model produced by SZ DJI Technology Co. Ltd. Because the company is based in China, all products are manufactured there. In October 2020, the business released the DJI Pocket 2 model.
Many features on the model Pocket 2 have been improved in comparison. The device allows users to record video with a sensor resolution of around 64 megapixels. The product’s main benefit is that it is lightweight, allowing the user to create videos independently.
The depth and height of the camera are approximately 30.48 mm x 124.5 mm. It also includes built-in speakers. The camera offers high definition clarity, night mode, touchscreen, image stabilizer, self-timer, and the ability to broadcast through it, among other functions. Despite its numerous features, the model’s approximate price range is low and inexpensive.
DJI Pocket 2 Key Specs
- Date of Announcement: 2020-11-01
- 1.7 CMOS sensor, 16 MP
- ISO 100 – 6400
- Prime Lens 20mm f1.80
- Image Stabilization using Gimbal
- Fixed Type Screen 1.00″
- Continuous shooting at fps
- 4K (UHD) video resolution (3840 x 2160)
- High-Speed Video at 240fps
- 117g. 124.7 x 38.1 x 30 mm
- DJI Osmo Pocket Gimbal has been replaced.
What is Sony ZV-1?
Sony ZV-1 is the model that the corporation Sony Corporation has created. The corporation is headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. As a result, in May 2020, the company released the Sony ZV-1 model. The model’s sensor resolution of 20 megapixels allows customers to take numerous detailed photos and record films.
The model ZV-1 has numerous features, some of which have made it popular on the market. The device weighs around 294 g, slightly heavier than the DJI Pocket 2. The camera’s display screen is a touchscreen LCD that articulates. The user can also utilize Wi-Fi to connect to the camera.
The model’s battery life is approximately 260 shots, and the buyer has the option of white or black as a color. There are three alternative time options for the self-timer features: 2 seconds, 5 seconds, and 10 seconds. The model’s pricing range is a little high.
Sony ZV-1 Key Specs
- Date of Announcement: 2020-05-27
- 20MP BSI-CMOS Sensor (1′′)
- ISO 125 – 12800 ( expands to 80 – 25600)
- Zoom Lens 24-70 mm F1.8–2.8
- Stabilization of optical images
- Fully Articulated 3.00″ Screen
- Continuous shooting at 24.0fps
- 4K (UHD) video resolution (3840 x 2160)
- High-Speed Video at 960fps
- Wireless built-in
- 294g. 105 x 60 x 44 mm
Key Distinctions Between the DJI Pocket 2 and the Sony ZV-1
- SZ DJI Technology Co. Ltd. is the company that makes the Pocket 2. In contrast, Sony Corporation produces the ZV-1.
- The model DJI Pocket 2 was released in October 2020, whereas the model Sony ZV-1 was released in May 2020.
- The sensor resolution in the DJI Pocket 2 is around 64 megapixels, while the sensor resolution in the Sony ZV-1 is 20.1 megapixels.
- The display type of the DJI Pocket 2 is fixed LCD, but the display type of the Sony ZV-1 is said to be articulating touchscreen LCD.
- In comparison, the model DJI Pocket 2 is 117 g, while the overall approximate weight of the model Sony ZV-1 is 294 g.
- The pricing range for the DJI Pocket 2 is relatively low. However, the price range for the Sony ZV-1 is somewhat higher.
- The model DJI Pocket 1 has a single card slot that can be used to insert micro SDXC, micro SD, and micro SDHC, but the model Sony ZV-1 has a single card slot that can be used to insert memory stick duo hybrid, SD, SDXC, and SDHC.
Is Pocket 2 suitable for video blogging?
The DJI Pocket 2 is a decent vlogger. It’s lightweight and has a three-axis stabilized Gimbal that almost eliminates camera shake when filming 4k or FHD footage. Its screen can be used for Live View to keep track of yourself and guarantee you stay in the frame. However, it is relatively small.
Is there optical zoom on the DJI Pocket 2?
With the gimbal-mounted camera for stabilized photos and video, the new Pocket 2 has the same compact design as the previous generation. It now has a bigger 1/1.7″ 64MP sensor that can shoot photographs in 16MP or full 64MP resolution. In 64MP mode, you get 8x zoom, and in 16MP mode, you get 4x lossless zoom.
Is the Sony ZV-1 water-resistant?
It has a class-leading autofocus system and a bright lens for video bokeh. You can take your Sony ZV-1 underwater with this fully featured and robust Ikelite housing. This housing is composed of polycarbonate, which is strong and resistant to corrosion. It is 200 feet/60 meters deep.
On a Sony Xperia zv1, how do you capture a picture?
- Press the MODE (Mode) button and use the control wheel to select the desired shooting mode, then press the center of the control wheel.
- Hold the camera and adjust the display angle.
- When shooting, use the W/T (zoom) lever to enlarge photos.
- To focus, press the shutter button halfway down.
- Dji Pocket 2 Vs Osmo Pocket: Which Is Better 2022?
- Gopro Hero 10 Vs 9 Vs 8: Which Is Better 2022?
- Dji Mini 3 Pro Vs Mini 2: Which Is Better 2022?
The Dji Pocket 2 is a small, lightweight, and portable drone that is easy to carry with you wherever you go. It has a 3-axis gimbal and can shoot 4K video at 60fps. The Sony ZV1 is a bit larger and heavier, but it has a bigger sensor and can shoot 4K video at 120fps.
Staaker.com hopes this comparison helped you decide which camera is right for you!