Walkera Scout X4 is the leading drone of Walkera Company – a company specializing in manufacturing unmanned aircraft with more than 12 products currently on the market. I’m sure the Walkera Scout X4 is a delightful drone you’d like to explore. Read our article below to better understand it – Walkera Scout X4 review.
Walkera Scout X4 Review
- Retractable landing skids
- Extended battery life
- Simple to navigate because of the DEVO F12E transmitter
- Remarkable control range
- Could be updated in an octocopter to take a heavier payload
- Strong 500kv motors
- Waypoint navigation
- Bulky form
- Expensive batteries
- LVC not disabled by default (can cause crashes)
- Fragile retractable landing gear
- Dimensions: 335 X 335 X 275 mm (13.2 x 13.2 x 10.8 inches)
- Wingspan: 233 mm (9.2 inches)
- Weight: 1770 g (3.9 pounds)
- Battery: 22V 5400mAh Li-Po
- Flight Time: 25 minutes
- Payload Capacity: 500 g (1.1 pounds)
- Maximum Rate: 60 km/h (37 mph)
- Operating Range: 1500 meters (4921 ft )
- Controller Frequency: 2.4GHz
The Walkera Scout X4 includes many features that fully engage pilots, and picture shooting is a memorable encounter with its aid.
Despite being educated by newer and better drones in its course, the Walkera Scout X4 nevertheless remains an attractive solution for people who desire a quadcopter that may grow to be an octocopter. The solution lies at the Scout’s X8 update kit that transforms the Scout X4 into some streamlined octocopter.
The update kit is also an attractive solution for people who wish to increase the payload capability of the Scout X4 since this attribute empowers double click the rotor count and double as much lifting capability as a typical Scout X4.
The kit is sold individually from the typical Scout X4 RTF kit also includes all the necessary tools to upgrade your Scout X4 into an octocopter. The lifting power increases, as I stated before. But due to the excess motors, which will drain your battery quicker, the flight time will be shortened. The Walkera Scout X8 conversion kit comprises:
- 4 x brushless motors
- 4 x double brushless ESCs
- 4 x engine mount attachment
- 4 x-ray engine heat shield
- 2 pairs of reduced propellers
- 2 x slide landing mounting pipe
2. Flight Features
- RTF Drone
- Bind And Fly
- GPS Compatible
- Altitude Hold
- Position Hold
- Flight Planning
- Autonomous Flight
- Follow Me Capably
- Automated Landing
- Return To Home
Read also: DJI Crystalsky Review: Top Full Guide 2021
3. From The Box
It’s essential to be aware that there’s the chance to purchase the Walkera Scout X4 using a fashionable aluminum case. But, this depends upon the vendor, and you should check the package’s content to Determine if they provide you with whatever you need before You Buy it:
- Walkera Scout X4 Quadcopter
- DEVO F12E Transmitter
- G-3D Brushless Gimbal
- BT-2401A/B 2.4G Bluetooth Datalink
- Flight Battery
- Balance Charger
- AC Adapter for Balance Charger
- 2 x Prop Pairs
- Cable Pack
- Neck Strap for Transmitter
- USB Cable for Transmitter
- 4G Antenna for Transmitter
- 5G Antenna for Transmitter
- Allen Wrench
- User Guide
As soon as you get the package, you only need to spend the quad from the box, then put the gimbal and camera and then charge the battery. It’s also suggested to read the user guide observantly. Some customers have reported the consumer manual is too tough to comprehend. But there is a whole lot of info on Facebook and YouTube too.
The Walkera Scout X4 drone is small and straightforward to fly. The drone’s measurements will be 335 x 335 x 275 mm, and its 4 500 kV motors mean it is pretty strong. The maker added another four motors since it needed something special.
This drone has the impressive horsepower, and also the substances which were utilized for the human body and rotors are both solid and lightweight and made from plastic and carbon fiber.
The drone also includes retractable landing gear. These long legs allow for lots of room if you would like to opt for another gimbal. But at precisely the same time, they’re pretty brittle so go easy on the landings.
The Walkera Scout X4 is quite durable, and lots of pilots assert that the drone remains steady even after having a prop or an engine. So far as color goes, this drone is offered in black, gray, and white.
5. Flight and battery Time
The highly effective 5400mAh battery provides the Walkera X4 Scout about 25 minutes of flight time. This feature permits you to shoot amazing aerial pictures.
This flight time has been quantified with no extra weight, along with the flight period will fall if you include a thicker camera, or else you also wish to take something different. This is no problem only with this particular product, and it occurs with each drone you’ll have.
The Scout X4 can take 500 g along with the burden of its built-in parts, meaning it may take a mean GoPro activity camera.
The Scout X4 includes Walkera G-3D along with iLook+ camera along with gimbal system that could provide you some pretty nice videos and photos. The drone could be flown in FPV (first-person-view) because of this built-in video cage.
The iLook is a 1080p camera, plus it includes the stock choice. It’s as great as a mid-range GoPro. Also, it’s a built-in 5.8 GHz video transmitter.
For people who prefer better video functionality, the drone is offered in the GoPro kit also. Also, it includes a TX5803 5.8 GHz video transmitter. The iLook+ has been designed to have precisely the exact measurements and button placements as a GoPro, or so the G-3D gimbal works with all the GoPro Hero 3 also as GoPro Hero 4.
If you’d like a heavier and much better camera along with the Scout X4 that isn’t suitable for the job that you need, the Scout X8 kit will address the problem.
The X8 is capable of decreasing its carrying capacity to approximately 750g. Also, it’s the Sony RX100 gimbal using an HMI converter. Now that thicker camera and gimbal system you desired may be inside the payload capability and can be taken from the X8.
The X4 employs the DEVO F12E controller, an updated version of this Walkera DEVO 12S RC controller. It’s a brand new layout, and the most significant difference is your 5inch FPV screen. It would help if you merely turned to the transmitter, and you are going to get real-time video feeds immediately.
The DEVO F12E transmitter includes a few intriguing features, such as:
- 12 stations
- 5 inch LCD display (640 x 480p resolution)
- Supports helicopter and plane (+multirotor)
- Supports 15 versions
- RC controller range around 1 km
- RF transmitter power flexible
- One 5.8G video picture receiver (32 stations )
- 4-rod modes
- Automobile ID binding and mended ID
- Functions such as GPS information, distance, elevation, temperature, voltage, along with others
- The Option to upgrade the firmware online through a USB link
The control’s battery is derived from lithium-ion, and its capacity is 3,000 mAh.
8. Flight Performance
The Scout X4 is quicker than the ordinary drone, with a rate of 16.7 m/s or 37 mph. The maximum rate will be impacted by more winds and flight management (that rate was measured horizontally).
This quadcopter has a few innovative flight features such as:
- Bind and fly: you may use 1 control for numerous drones so long as you decide on a link between these, but you can not fly numerous drones simultaneously.
- Position grip: the drone stays hovering in position if you launch the controllers
- GPS harmonious: the quad-core is related to a GPS that can allow you to understand its place constantly so long as it’s inside the operable range.
- Flight planning: for this, you can pre-plan your drone’s flight route, and after it’s in the atmosphere, the drone will stick to the path you have created.
- Altitude hold: that the drone will Stay in flight at Precisely the Same elevation if you discharge the controls
- Autonomous flight: along with the flight preparation in which you create a path so the drone may accompany it, here you’re able to use a few waypoints set up on the floor.
- Follow me competent: if that mode is enabled, the drone could be programmed to fly close to you, and it’ll follow your control.
- Return to the house: just by pressing on a button that the drone can return to its control (house ) as long as it’s in the operable range
- Automated landing: just by pressing on a button that the drone will property mechanically.
The Scout X4 comes with a working range of 1,500 meters or 4,921 ft, 1,400 meters, or 4,593 feet farther than the typical. Above is a movie of this Scout X4 in flight.
9. Value For Money And Guarantee
The Walkera Scout X4 includes a cost of about $1000, and you can purchase it online from large shops like Amazon. This Scout X8 update kit is roughly $340, plus it comprises all of the things mentioned previously.
It can sound somewhat pricey, mainly if you include the kit; however, this is a reasonably neat drone and may provide you access to this sphere of professional aerial photography.
I didn’t found any information concerning the warranty, but I believe that you can get in touch with them if there’s a problem with the product or another problem. Sadly, this is contingent upon the provider you will select.
10. Unique Features
The Walkera Scout X4 includes a lot of unique features, so that I will mention a number of these that you can enjoy if you will obtain this drone.
The unique features This quad has been:
- You can change it at an octocopter should you buy the kit.
- The battery will provide you up to 25 minutes of flight.
- The retractable landing gear
- DEVO F12E transmitter with 5″ LC movie screens for FPV
- It could be bought in 3 different colors: black, gray and white.
- You can organize a course and several waypoints. Your drone will accompany
- The drone could be programmed to follow the control or to circle a point of interest.
- The drone will return to the house (the control ) or maintain a position that you would like
The Walkera Scout X4 has a unique feature that converts from four to eight – a feature no single drone can do for the same price.
Walkera Scout X4 has a great FPV feature for those who want to take pictures and videos, if you are not satisfied with the camera of this drone, you can completely replace it with a larger one. and heavier if desired, this feature is well-suited for photographers.