Last updated: 21st March 2018
Why We Collect Data
We collect data for various reasons, such as:
- To provide you with software, services or information. We may collect data that identifies you as an individual or company, which is required to provide you with the software, support, and services that you have requested. To receive the software, support and services, you explicitly upload the data using the StaakerAssist application. We may use third-party service providers to assist us in provisioning our services to you or in our operations. For example, we may use third party service providers to provide data storage and backup services.
- To improve our offerings based on usage. We collect data based on your use of our products and services, and we do not associate this data with your name. We use this data to better understand usage patterns of our products and behavior of our collective audience. At times we may share this information in aggregated anonymous form with third parties. Collection of data is not done automatically and is done only if you explicitly upload it.
- To provide technical support. We may need to ask you for data to process your support request. We may have to access and/or request a failure code, which may contain personal data of the user who reported the failure (e.g GNSS location data). You hereby expressly consent to the collection and storage of this data.
- As required by law. We may use and disclose your personal data where required by law, such as in response to a court order, valid subpoena, or other legal process.
- Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another entity, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another entity, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, or other business transfer, we may transfer the information we have collected from or about you to the other entity.
- Third Party Service Providers. We use third party service providers as discussed in this section. We use Amazon AWS as a third party service provider for database storage.
What We Collect
StaakerAssist allows you to upload logfiles which contain the following information:
- Location Data. GNSS location data which can be used to identify in what global location the product has been used and UTC timestamp for date/time of usage.
- Configuration and Settings. Which setup and software configuration the product used in a given use case; firmware version running on the product and an unique product identifier which identifies your product and when it was manufactured.
- System Performance. Flight performance statistics of your product; including radio signal quality, GNSS satellite reception quality and autopilot flight performance based on sensor input.
- Control Input. User input processed by the system. This includes which buttons on the tracker is pressed at a given time, user-defined configuration before takeoff, takeoff/land commands and button killswitch.
No personal data with your name, address or contact information will be stored. The universally unique product identifier (UUID) which you send us via mail to email@example.com can be used to link a given product with your e-mail account for support cases.
Location of Your Information
Data retention, withdrawal of approval, access to data
If at any time you choose to cease using The Staaker Company Software Products, you may ask for your data to be removed from our servers by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. We may retain your information if it is required to comply with legal obligations and/or defense in case of violation of our Terms of Service and/or Privacy Policies. We may also have copies of your information in backups made for security purposes, but these backups will not be accessible as separately delineated information. Please note, however, that you must retain a copy of all data that you have placed on our servers in the case of any loss; further, if you cease using our software and/or services, we will not be responsible for retention of any of your data. Your approval of the collection and storage of information during the process of technical support can be withdrawn at any time by writing to email@example.com. As permitted by applicable law, EU residents may request a copy of the information that we hold about them. To do so, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. We may charge a fee in accordance with applicable law for this service.