Released in 2015, 3dr Solo Vs Dji Inspire is a revolution of the drone industry. When comparing these two heavy-duty drones, most people choose the DJI Inspire 2. The PCMag.com review concluded that the DJI Inspire was excellent, while the 3DR Solo rated it very well. So “Which is the best tracking drone?”, if you want to know the answer; Let’s Staaker go into the details of these two products.
- Weight 7.25 lbs (3290 g with two batteries and no gimbal or camera).
- Diagonal Distance (propeller excluded) 18 inches (605mm, Landing Mode).
- Maximum Takeoff Weight 8.82 lbs (4000g)
- Maximum Takeoff Sea Level 1.55 miles (2500m); 3.1 miles (5000m) with specially-designed propeller
- Maximum Flight Time: Approx. 27 minutes (with ZenmuseX4S).
- Maximum Tilt Angle P–mode: 35deg (Forward Vision System Enabled: 25deg); S-mode 40deg; A-mode 35deg
- Max Ascent Speed A-mode/P-mode: 16.4 feet/s (5.m/s); Smode: 19.7ft/s (6.m/s).
- Maximum Vertical Descent Speed: 13.1 feet/s (4m/s); Tilt is 13.1-29.5 feet/s (4-9m/s). The default tilt is 13.1 feet/s (4m/s), but can be adjusted in-app.
- Max Speed: 67 mph (108 km/h).
- GPS Hovering Accuracy Vertical : +-1.64 feet (0.53 m) or +0.33 feet (0.01 m), Downward Vision System Enabled) Horizontal : +-4.92 feet (1.15 m) or +0.98 feet (0.03 m), Downward Vision System Enabled)
- Operating Temperature: -4deg to 104% F (-20deg up to 40deg C).
Although the original DJI Inspire set the standard for professional drones, the DJI Inspire 2, which is now available for purchase, set the bar for what this drone can do.
The Inspire 2 was launched with the Zenmuse X5, a 5.2K camera that can interchange lenses. It is ready for any Hollywood task. DJI added the Zenmuse X7 camera to its Inspire 2 model, a 6K-capable shooter that is even better for professional filming.
The base DJI Inspire 2 is available for purchase at $2999. However, you can expect to pay $6200 for a fully-equipped flight package that includes cameras, extra batteries, and other amenities. It is seen as the very best DJI drone 2021.
- Magnesium alloy body.
- Interchangeable cameras
- Video length: 5.2K
- FilmDNG and ProRes recordings.
- Sport mode with high-speed.
- Avoidance and detection of obstacles
- Retractable landing gear, 360-degree camera rotation
- Dual-operating control with FPV pilot cam.
- Intelligent flight modes
- Video editing requires a high-performance computer.
- Adobe Premiere CC bug affects CinemaDNG workflow.
- Cameras compatible with GoPro Hero3, 3+, and 4; optimized to HERO3+ or 4
- Fly time approximately. Flight time approximately 25 minutes, 20 minutes for payload
- Distance :.5 miles (.8 km).
- Maximum speed 55 mph (89 km/h).
- Maximum payload: 420 g
- Motors 880kV Brushless
- Autopilot Pixhawk 2
- Software APM: Copter
- Communication 3DR Link Secure WiFi Network
- Frequency 2.4 GHz
- Weight: 3.3 lbs. 1.5 kg / 3.9 lbs (1.8 kg) With Solo Gimbal and GoPro
- Dimensions: 10 in. Tall (25 cm), 18 inches (46 cm). Motor-to-motor
- Fly battery Lithium polymer 5200mAh 14.8 V
- App requirements iOS 8.0 and later/Android 4.3 or later.
The 3DR Solo was a great drone. This powerful drone was designed to carry a GoPro. It also had a 3-axis stabilized gimbal that is worth more than the drone and quality peripherals to improve the flight. Since Solo started to fall behind other drones on the market, 3DR has shifted its focus significantly.
3DR has become almost exclusively a software and services company, offering site scanning packages with drones from several other manufacturers. However, these drones can accomplish the same things as the Solo in the beginning.
The 3DR Solo features powerful motors and a large, long-lasting battery. It also has a versatile payload mount. It is strong with a plastic case and LED lights at each corner.
Although the landing gear is not fragile, they do not feel sluggish. We recommend that you have spares in case of emergency, as some antennas are located in these legs.
The 3DR Solo drone is stable, can hover well, and is very smooth. The results of the stabilized GoPro mount are not great, so we don’t recommend it.
The stabilized gimbal is more expensive than the drone, and it supports the Hero4 camera. We don’t recommend it. The 3DR Solo drone is still a great choice if you’re looking for a reliable and solid drone for other purposes.
- Gimbal powers and stabilizes GoPro
- Multiple Smart Shots.
- Automated smooth tilt adjustment of the gimbal.
- Safety feature for returning to home
- The Control app is compatible with both Android and iOS devices.
- Battery life is very short.
- Spotty GPS
- Drifting when hovering
DJI Inspire 2 VS 3DR Solo Comparision
Solo may be slightly more expensive than its rivals in terms of price. The 3DR Solo costs around $1000 without a GoPro. However, if you have a GoPro, it will cost around $1400. DJI Inspire costs $1649 at Amazon. The 3DR Solo is the most affordable when it comes to price.
Design and Features
DJI Inspire is an impressive flying machine. The structure was made using carbon fiber materials. 50 Cent even makes it seem like a toy when he is flying it.
The DJI Inspire hardware is sturdy and can be used for many purposes. The 3DR Solo is a highly-constructed flying machine, and the DJI Inspire flying propellers are made with glass-reinforced nylons that cannot be broken easily. It’s a win for both the contenders in this regard.
Battery Strength and Flight Time
The Solo can fly for approximately 15-18 minutes after it is fully charged. However, its flight time was only 25 minutes. The 5,200 mAh 14.8Vdc Lithium-ion battery can be fully charged in just 35 minutes.
The DJI Inspire TB47 battery takes approximately an hour to charge fully but can still fly for about 15 minutes. The flight time is the same, but DJI Inspire charges faster than the Solo and performs at the same speed.
Speed and Height
DJI Inspire is faster than the 3DR Solo, but it’s not as fast. DJI Inspire is very agile in the air and stable. It can fly at 50 mph. This is ten mph faster than the 3DR Solo, which can move as fast as a race car while in the air.
Inspire can only climb to 500ft, while 3DR Solo can reach a height of three times that. We believe you already know which drone the winner is of this category. It is 3DR Solo, if you don’t already know.
Capabilities for Cameras
Cinematographers would find the 3DR Solo a valuable tool. However, as mentioned above, it won’t be able to because of its battery life. The GoPro can be positioned to provide a stunning view through its eyes.
DJI Inspire offers many recording options, but the most important is the 4K Video Capability and 12MP images it can capture from any height. DJI Inspire is the choice of cinematographers as well as photographers.
3dr Solo Vs DJI Inspire 2 drones are cool; they are well worth the investment and experience. But we cannot deny the superiority of the DJI Inspire 2; it offers many outstanding features and smooth control. We hope that this article can help you understand more about these two drones and make your own decision.